27 February 2008

Harper's Bazaar.
Originally spelt with one a, this legendary magazine was the first in the world of fashion. At its head was Mary Louise Booth; first editor and subject to my year long study project.
Where I come from, every sophomore is required to select an influential and historic person that they will study and submit projects about during the course of the year.
I originally selected Eleanor of Aquitaine, but found that I had no interest in her and was easily bored. I thought of what might interest me, and my first thought was fashion (duh[:).
My friend came up with the amazing idea of picking the first editor of a renown fashion magazine. Genius[:
And so far, I've recreated the cover of the very first issue, sketched clothing for that era, and not once been bored out of my mind!
-by the way, any information about the editor or the magazine you might come across, would be extremely helpful!

gorgeous. march 1943.

No comments: